Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's a regular nature perserve 'round here

I was on my way to Durham this afternoon when I got a call from Amanda who said that there was something funny in our front yard. She had seen something go by the window and was quite shocked by what she saw...there grazing in our yard was a little fawn.


The mother was no where to be found, so we are hoping that she was just "out"...

With this sighting, our wildlife total is as follows:
Birds
Frogs
Lizards
Black Snakes
Field Mice (Dixon likes to catch these)
Rabbits (we had a bunny nest in our monkey grass out back)
Deer
Hawks
Turtles
Bobcats

Who knows what we will see next!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm seriously impressed by your wildlife list. A bobcat?? Wow! Here's my wildlife sighting list:

Deer (ranging from one at a time to a herd)
Regular birds
Owl
Rabbits galore
Waterfowl
Fish
Turtle (I think, can't remember)
Possum
Squirrels
Chipmunks
Dead copperhead
All kinds of bugs

I think that's about it. It's fun to live where one can see these animals, don't you think? Well, maybe not the bugs and the snakes :)

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Bobcat? Did you seriously just say bobcat?