Thursday, July 03, 2008

Adjusting


So, we have now been home from the hospital for three whole days. It is amazing how different life can be with a 7 lb baby. We have been blessed with a beautiful, healthy little girl who is finally learning to eat well and sleeps like a champ. We were also spoiled by parents who have cleaned our house, done our laundry, bought and cooked us food, took care of our dog, and loved our little girl. Overall, we are a little overwhelmed. She is such a beautiful picture of God's love and provisions for us.

I have been so thankful for Jared during these last few days. He has been nothing but incredibly supportive during this entire process. In fact, during labor, friends and family were getting mad due to lack of updates on our progress, but that was because he never once left my side. He massaged my feet, monitored my contractions, held my hand, held the pink throw up basin for me every time I threw up during labor, then cleaned it out and had it ready again, figured out a way for me to brush my teeth in the middle of labor b/c I was convinced my breath was kickin, convinced me to keep pushing during the three hours when I was really not making any progress, and comforted me and Chloe during the 24 hours my spinal headache had me flat on my back. Now that we're home, he changes diapers, cleans, gives me massages, continues to make our first born four legged child feel special, and so much more. He is the rock of this family and both his girls love him so much!

If you've called, emailed, etc and we have yet to get back to you, forgive us. We're getting there:) Thanks for all the wonderful comments about our little one. Chloe is really the cutest thing we've ever seen!

3 comments:

Mestlers said...

Sweet Amanda,
What a precious blog entry! We love hearing how you are doing but please don't apologize for not responding to email/phone calls right now!! You are a new parent!!! Your focus is and should be, Chloe and taking care of YOU!
We love you and can't wait to come spoil you all soon!

Mama Lutz said...

Amanda, you guys look amazing. It already seems so natural to see you and Jared holding her. Sleep well. Love you!

Unknown said...

Hi Jared and Amanda

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for the both of you. It hard for me to take Jared seriously as a father! JK!!!:-) I know that he is amazing at it. Jared does everything well! I lost track of you two for awhile but Cathy at Piedmont sent me your site. Congratulations again!

Denise Bell